My photo
Hi! We're Lance and Rebekah Gibson. We are newlyweds happily settled in the Lonestar state. We love lots of things including drive-in movies, game nights, anything involving the lake, and our Lord and Savior.

Friday, July 5, 2013

What We've Been Up To Lately

Hi there, friends! Hope you have all enjoyed a happy and safe Fourth of July and will continue to be safe throughout the weekend. :) We had a wonderful time with good friends out on Granbury lake and saw a beautiful fireworks show. I just love fireworks, and seeing them out over a lake is especially magical for some reason. It was a blast! 

We've been running full force around here, as usual. My first summer class is about to finish up (HOLLA) so I've been in crunch mode trying to make sure I've learned everything there is to know about cells, and meiosis and mitosis and other endless concepts. That combined with being a wife has kept me busy, but I sure am happy. Lance has also been in crunch mode lately because it is officially camp time! Intensity 2013 begins this Monday, so he and the rest of the guys involved are busy setting everything up and preparing for an awesome camp where we know God will do great things! I miss him like crazy already, but I am so thankful for a husband who will sacrifice his time and energy to be a part of kingdom work. I sure do love that man. 

Although things are crazy, here's a quick update via Instagram pics of the fun things we've managed to squeeze in during our free time! 


My sweet friend Molly is getting married in less than TWO WEEKS and I am honored to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. Molly has been one of my best friends ever since 5th grade. We've seen one another through a lot of hard times, even more good times, and lots of fun! She has such a beautiful spirit and her hubby-to-be is such a sweet guy. I can't wait for her to experience the blessing of marriage! 



Here we are with part of the bridesmaid group! We all went to high school together (Well, they have all been together for much longer than that! I met them all my junior year of high school when I moved to their school), and it's been fun spending some time together again and being with Molly as she gets ready to be John's wife. 




We finally took our boat out on the lake last week. I could live out there on the water, I love it so much!  Lance has been out behind a boat since he was about two years old and he learned to knee board. As he got older, he transitioned to a wakeboard and now he does all kinds of crazy stuff out there on the water. He taught me to wakeboard the first summer we were together and I've been hooked ever since! I can now jump a wake, but that's about the extent of my crazy wakeboarding tricks! :) 


My best friend. 


Wakeboarding behind the boat with the beautiful sunset! 




We were gifted some tickets to Rangers game last Sunday, and had a great time despite the heat! Seriously, our seats were so hot when we got there that we had to douse them in water before we could sit in them. Needless to say, this white girl came home with quite the sunburn! 



I have some prayer requests to share if you wouldn't mind praying for us whenever the Lord brings us to mind! 

 - My husband and the staff of Intensity 2013, as they spend lots of time out in the sun and staying up late into the night to make this an awesome week for the youth groups attending. Pray that they would given energy to make it through all of the work and excitement for the awesome things that God is going to do this next week!

- Pray for the students that will be attending Intensity! So many people will be coming through with serious hurt and questions about faith and it's amazing to see what the Lord does when you come to Him for healing and realize that it's only through Him that we truly experience freedom. God is so good to us, isn't He? He not only provides hope for us as we live for heaven, but He also wants to experience life to the fullest here while we wait for Him. He doesn't want us to live in bondage to the hurt in our life, but experience freedom from the crappy situations of our past AND the power to love others despite how we've been loved! He is so good. 

Happy weekend to you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment