My photo
Hi! We're Lance and Rebekah Gibson. We are newlyweds happily settled in the Lonestar state. We love lots of things including drive-in movies, game nights, anything involving the lake, and our Lord and Savior.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Here Is Love, Vast As the Ocean

Today while I was researching the story I'll be teaching to my second graders on Sunday, I stumbled upon the lyrics of this old hymn called "Here Is Love, Vast As the Ocean". I sat at my desk, and just started crying. This old hymn paints such a beautiful picture of what the Lord has done for us, despite the guilt of the world. What love our Savior has for us. What an incredible act of love it was that he sent his Son to be crucified on my behalf, for MY sin. And that he continues to love and pursue us? Wow. This is a love worth celebrating. A love worth sharing! A love worthy of the awe that I feel each time I remember how vast it truly is. 

I encourage you to read this lyrics thoughtfully. Reflect on how this truth has played out in your own life. Do you often think of the act of love and grace that put our Savior on the cross? Do you realize that He did this in your place? He took your sin, your shame and guilt and willingly bore it on the cross. What amazing love. 

Here is love, vast as the ocean,
Lovingkindness as the flood,
When the Prince of life, our Ransom, 
Shed for us His precious blood.
Who His love will not remember?
Who can cease to sing His praise?
He can never be forgotten
Throughout Heaven's eternal days

On the mount of crucifixion,
Fountains opened deep and wide;
Through the floodgates of God's mercy
Flowed a vast and gracious tide.
Grace and love like mighty rivers
Poured incessant from above.
And Heaven's peace and perfect justice
Kissed a guilty world in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment