My photo
Hi! We're Lance and Rebekah Gibson. We are newlyweds happily settled in the Lonestar state. We love lots of things including drive-in movies, game nights, anything involving the lake, and our Lord and Savior.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mom's Chicken Enchiladas

My mom is quite the cook. She has mastered the art that is a delicious cupcake. Her homemade chili has won a few contests (no joke), and her enchiladas. . . Well, they're practically famous. I recently attempted the daunting task of making these enchiladas all by myself for my Hubs and I. They were nowhere near as yummy as hers (darn that finicky old apartment oven), but they were still prettyyy good if I do say so myself. I think Lance would back me up too. I hope. Anyways, I thought I would share her recipe here because it is incredibly easy to make and tasty no matter how off your oven's temperature gauge is. :) 

Enjoy! 



Lara's Famous Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:

2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can of Rotel tomatoes 
1/2 cup of milk
2-3 chicken breasts, boiled and cut up (or two cans of chicken breasts)
1 package of flour or corn tortillas
2 cups of grated cheese
9X13 dish

Directions:
Boil chicken and cut up into small pieces. Mix the cans of cream of chicken soup, Rotel tomatoes (do not drain), and milk together. Add chicken and stir. Cut tortillas into fourths. Alternate layers of tortillas and chicken mixture until it is gone, ending with enough of the chicken mixture on top to cover the tortillas. Add a little cheese on top. Bake at 375 degrees until bubbling - approximately 45 minutes. Add grated cheese to the top and put back in oven until it is melted. Finished! 

These enchiladas still taste yummy even after up to three days in the refrigerator, and may even keep well after being frozen and reheated, but I haven't tried that yet. Hope you enjoy!




P.S. My fingers are crossed that I will win this giveaway! Check out www.smartbuyglasses.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment