My photo
Hi! We're Lance and Rebekah Gibson. We are newlyweds happily settled in the Lonestar state. We love lots of things including drive-in movies, game nights, anything involving the lake, and our Lord and Savior.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Merry Christmas, Darling

Well, the most wonderful time of the year has come and gone, just as quickly as it always does. In fact, I would dare to say that the holidays seemed to fly by even faster this year than they ever have before. How does that happen?? This holiday season was BY FAR the most wonderful one I've ever experienced. Lance and I agreed that we've never ever enjoyed a Christmas as much as we did this year. There is something really special about waking up in your own home, next to your beloved and celebrating the birth of your Savior and opening gifts for one another. Not to mention to additional blessing of sharing such a wonderful time with not just one, but two amazing families. When the Lord gave unto me, He gave in abundance! 

Here are some snapshots from our Christmas celebrations! 




One random Friday night, we were bored with nothing to do and realized that Folk Angel (check them out here) was playing in Dallas with Robbie Seay and Lauren Chandler. So what did we do? Frantically download our tickets, fly through Chick Fil A, and hit the highway to Dallas! The concert was in this awesome urban farm called Chestnut Farms and was decorated absolutely beautifully. The music was amazing, a really creative take on Christmas music. Think Christmas carols with a Mumford & Sons feel. Like I said, INCREDIBLE. We had so much fun on this spontaneous date night, and it really set off our Christmas spirit. :) 

THEN CAME . . . Christmas Morning!! 


Before my Husband and I rushed in to open gifts... I just love Christmas trees. I wish it were acceptable to keep them up all year long! 



Lance busted into his gifts in true little kid fashion. Wrapping paper was flying, his shirt came off at one point, and I'm sure we woke our neighbors up when he screamed "YES!". Oh my goodness, I love that man.





After we opened gifts together at our house, we headed off to meet Lance's family for breakfast. We don't have any documentation of that, but let me tell you, there was some pretty intense chowing down of waffles. . . not. :) After we ate breakfast with the Gibsons, we headed out to Peaster to do Christmas with my family. 


Meet Jonah, the official Christmas Day photographer and my youngest, craziest brother. 


One of the most wonderful surprises of the day was the fact that IT SNOWED! 


Opening gifts. . . Yay for movies! 


There's that crazy one again :) 


Our first Christmas as Mr. & Mrs. Gibson!




And again . . . 



My husband is an avid skeet shooter these days and takes any opportunity he gets to blow some stuff up with his shotgun. My parents got him an automatic skeet thrower for Christmas, so naturally he had to try it out, despite the fact that it was snowing and about 25 degrees outside. 





After doing Christmas with my family, we headed back to my in-law's for lunch with the family. That sweet little girl above is our niece, Anna Belle. This was her first Christmas and we had a blast watching her open gifts . . . And eat wrapping paper. She's stolen our heart, that's for sure! We can't wait until she's old enough to learn how to wake-board! :) 



We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and pray blessings over you for the New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment