My photo
Hi! We're Lance and Rebekah Gibson. We are newlyweds happily settled in the Lonestar state. We love lots of things including drive-in movies, game nights, anything involving the lake, and our Lord and Savior.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fall, Y'all



How happy my heart is that the intense heat of a Texas summer has began to give way the crisp of fall! Okay, so it's only crisp earlllyyy in the morning before the sun really wakes up and humidifies the earth, but I'll take what I can get. 
It's more the hope I now have that fall is really truly on its way, and when it fully arrives my life will  consist of salted caramel-everything at Starbucks, decorating our apartment for fall (yes, i said decorating our apartment like your grandma decorates her home for every season), and watching every football game we're blessed with on our over-the-air, non-NFL network tv channels.  This weather also gives me hope that I will INDEED be able to soon wear pretty scarves, oversize sweaters, boots, and blazers every day of the week, if my little heart so desires. Yes. Yes. YES. These things and more excite me for the wonderful season we are about to experience.

For now, some little bits of fall prettiness to excite you for the upcoming months...



Big sweaters... number two favorite thing about fall!

Love this centerpiece idea! 


Wishing we had a mantle right about now!

Cable-knit + plaid = perfection

Would love to live here! 

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Yay for fall! Yay for decor and fashion inspiration too:) we didn't have a mantel in the cabin, but I absolutely needed one, so until we got our fake electric fireplace I just took a huge shelf and acted like it was a mantel and decorated that. It was close enough to a mantel and I got to use all those cute decorating ideas:) Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! We have a set of three shelves over out tv that will be standing in as a mantel for me. Also, I'm going to try your soup recipe soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete