My photo
Hi! We're Lance and Rebekah Gibson. We are newlyweds happily settled in the Lonestar state. We love lots of things including drive-in movies, game nights, anything involving the lake, and our Lord and Savior.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

On the Road Again!!

Well, the Gibson's are off on yet another adventure as of lunch time today. A short adventure, but one that we are definitely looking forward to! Lance and I are traveling to Deer Park today, a small (ish) city outside of Houston where my extended family lives. We visited them together for the first time last summer and everyone had a blast! I am so blessed to have a family whose desire for me was to grow up and find a godly, loving man like the man my husband is; they've known longer than I have, apparently, that Lance and I would someday get married! :) Our usual summer trip to the Houston area includes all sorts of fun activities that you can only do when you're near the ocean! Last summer we had the opportunity to go sailing out on the bay, which was a ton of fun! My uncle belongs to a sailing club in Baytown, a coastal city near Deer Park, and I'm hoping this trip will allow us to enjoy that experience again! This trip is sort of whirlwind though. We leave today and come back on Saturday evening so that we can be back at work Sunday morning. It will be fun no matter what, though! 


Thanks to anyone who reads this (anybody out there?) and lifted up me, the other sponsors, and the kids at children's camp last week. What an awesome week of experiencing the Lord and having a blast in the sun! It was definitely HOT out there, but we all enjoyed ourselves by keeping cool in the lake and pool. 83 kids came to know the Lord last week, which is so stinking awesome! I had the opportunity to personally talk and pray with two girls in particular. I can't even begin to describe the joy and excitement that filled me when these ladies decided to die to self and become followers of Christ. I can't wait to see their walk with the Lord develop and grow as He reveals more and more of Himself to them. One of the girls comes from an unchurched family, so my prayer now is that even as a new believer, God will use her testimony to draw her family to Him. 



Other exciting news: We received part of our wedding photos yesterday! Here is a sneak peek...


The ladies! 

The good lookin' fellas 
On my way to the altar! 

1 comment:

  1. I read yalls blog! haha I feel like no one reads mine either and I've only had it for a week! I love yalls heart for the Lord, you guys are such an encouragement to us, and I love seeing Christ use you guys as a married couple! Yalls pics are super cute by the way :)

    ReplyDelete