My photo
Hi! We're Lance and Rebekah Gibson. We are newlyweds happily settled in the Lonestar state. We love lots of things including drive-in movies, game nights, anything involving the lake, and our Lord and Savior.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

New


This week school officially began, quickly stealing my wonderfully lazy evenings and replacing them with loads of reading, writing, and research. And it's only day three of classes. Blah! 

I am absolutely going to miss waking up slowly next to my hubby in the mornings, heading into work around 9:30 and coming home to absolutely no responsibilities in the evening. But, I'm trying to just be thankful for that wonderful season we just experienced and equally as thankful for the chance to begin this next one.  That mindset in general is one that I think the Lord is impressing on my heart to change. I have a tendency to get just so comfortable and content with where I am at the moment that I forget that the time I'm isn't going to last and that it's not supposed to last! I need to be focused on what the Lord is doing through me right where I am, and where He wants to take me, not on how much I miss the way things were this summer or be dwelling on what I don't like about where I am now. That's my prayer for this semester... One of them anyways. I pray that I will be kingdom-minded as I go through my classes and form new relationships, always looking for opportunities to speak the name of Jesus and share the amazing love He has for all of us. I pray that I will totally involved in the present, not live and longing for the past. I'll always look back on those months as a gift and happily reminisce on all we did, but I won't long for them while I'm in this new season. He is doing a new thing now, and I belong to Him! 


Happy Wednesday, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment