My photo
Hi! We're Lance and Rebekah Gibson. We are newlyweds happily settled in the Lonestar state. We love lots of things including drive-in movies, game nights, anything involving the lake, and our Lord and Savior.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Dawn, New Day

Resolution |ˌrezəˈloō sh ən|

noun
a firm decision to do or not to do something 

My Firm Decisions
1. Invest in someone. Specifically, a younger someone; and more specifically, a girl. I want to really get to know her, spend time exploring her favorite things, and offer her unwavering support and encouragement in the things she does. I want to show her what it looks like to pursue the Lord and to live a life filled with Him. I want her to realize how amazing He thinks she is and how deeply He loves her. I think I already know who this girl will be, but I'm still praying about it. 




2. Become competent at playing the guitar. I know a veryyyyy little bit right now, and I haven't really progressed at all over the past year. I hate that, so by this time next year, I want to be able to play through songs correctly and confidently.  




3. I want to be fit. I'm tired of hating the way I look and feeling so dumpy. I'm tired of worrying about whether or not I'm attractive to him (how shallow are these worries?! Seriously, lame, I know) or whether or not I'm ever going to feel good about myself. I'm taking action now. 




4. I want to mend some wayward relationships in my life. 




5. I want to grow and learn. In everything I do this year, I want to grow more or learn something new. I want to learn more about how to love someone. I want to learn more about how to relate to people. I want to grow in my knowledge of the Lord and the history of His life and time as well as in my walk with Him relationally. I want to learn more about how to be a good friend, sister, and daughter. I want to learn how to show someone encouragement and support; how to build them up and help them fly. I want to grow.






These are only a few of the desires I hope to see fulfilled in this upcoming year.I plan to tackle them with strength and discipline. 
Here's to the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment