My photo
Hi! We're Lance and Rebekah Gibson. We are newlyweds happily settled in the Lonestar state. We love lots of things including drive-in movies, game nights, anything involving the lake, and our Lord and Savior.

Friday, September 2, 2011

College, Baby.

SCHOOL  started this week. School as in... COLLEGE. Yikes, right?

Honestly, I really surprised myself. I wasn't too terribly frightened, which is very unlike me. 



Don't get me wrong, I love the unknown in general. Road trips to an unknown destination - YES PLEASE! Downloading random music that I don't know anything about - favorite pastime. Picking up a book by an author I've never heard of - yes, yes, yes. Trying to find my way around an unknown place where I could potentially get lost, be late for class, walk into the wrong class, or get beat up by the big kids - Nah. Not my kind of unknown. Except for the big kids part. That could be fun. Also, how lame are those "unknown" loves??? Unknown AUTHOR??? I am a nerd. A big one. 



ANYWAYS, I made it through my first week. Didn't get lost, wasn't late, didn't get beat up. I really enjoyed myself, actually.I think my favorite class is going to be my government class. Maybe. That will change as soon as I have to get up in front of everyone and give some sort of presentation. But for now, my professor is funny and interesting and I sit with two girls I know from high school. It's comfortable.
I also, successfully located the athletic center all by my big ole self. I was scared, but I sashayed right past those ridiculously fit young fellows and owned that stationary bike for 45 minutes. Haha. I'm committing to doing that at least 4 times a week. At LEAST. I'm just tired of not ever liking the body I have, always wishing I were tighter, firmer, whatever-er. 
I'm looking forward to the change this will bring. 



All in all, it's been a good week. There have been a few weird moments where old feelings showed their face. Feelings I thought were long gone. Apparently not, but I'm not worried about it. They didn't linger and I'll be surprised if they come back. No need to mention them now. :) 



Can I just say that I don't know how people do... LIFE without Jesus. I am so thankful for the peace that comes from walking with the Lord. I'm thankful for the challenges He's been sending me, the lessons He's teaching me, the love He never ceases to bestow upon me so undeservedly. I don't know how I would do anything without Him by my side. 




It's kind of weird not being with Lance during the day. In other words, living like almost every other person I know. Haha. We had it good working at the same place, eating multiple meals together every day, and spending most evenings with each other. I loved that, but I think it will be good for us to break up our time. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE spending all that time with him. Love it. But I think it will be good for us to have things going on that don't completely involve each other. It will give us more stories to share and more time to miss each other. Haha. On my part anyways. I can't wait for the day when I can go through my day not seeing him or anything and be comforted by the fact that I get to see him when I get home... When I get to unwind with him on our couch in our apartment and just relax. Or when I come home and maybe that doesn't happen, but I know that I get to fall asleep to the sound of him breathing... I'll turn over in the night and feel his skin on mine... I'll wake up to his face. I really hope that day comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment