My photo
Hi! We're Lance and Rebekah Gibson. We are newlyweds happily settled in the Lonestar state. We love lots of things including drive-in movies, game nights, anything involving the lake, and our Lord and Savior.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Lonely Days Are Over

My heart is full, my friends! These past few weeks have been the kind that leave you breathless. They are the kind that make me excited and impatient for the future. They were beautiful, and it just keeps getting better! 


Here's a glimpse....


Surprise date #1, planned by the greatest guy ever. Yummy homemade ice cream, roasted marshmallows over a candle, and movie night in a tent! One of my favorite evenings we've spent together. 




Surprise date #2, planned by yours truly. I was feeling adventurous, so we set out to the large city of Perrin for some blobbing, sunbathing, and swimming. It was so much fun, and I finally managed to really surprise him! He had no idea where we were going. :) It was so nice to get away to a place where we didn't know anyone, and we could just be with one another and have fun. 




Then came Kid's Camp!I love, love, LOVE going to kid's camp every year! It's challenging, fun, and such a blessing! I wish I could make a career out of teaching small groups of 4th graders and taking them hiking. Dream. Job.


Right after Kid's Camp, it was time to head to Houston for my Grandaddy's surprise retirement party!I was particularly excited about this trip because Lance came with us. It was only his second time to spend time with my extended family and the first time he ever came to visit all of them. It was also the first time we spent more than a couple of hours in the car together, which was fun! It was so special to see my family really connect with and get to know him. I am very close to my family and I was anxious to see how everyone would mesh. They all absolutely loved him, and I think he enjoyed himself as well! 


Day 1 was spent sailing in the Bay! Clearly, I was excited. :


Lance at the helm of the sailboat! 



Fact: I have been blessed with someone I don't deserve. The Lord has used him to teach me so much about love, faith, and life as believer. He challenges me, loves me, and most importantly, loves the Lord above all else. I am so thankful for him.
I pray we continue to grow deeper in love and knowledge of the Lord's plan for our lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment