- Before two people can please God as a couple, they must first be individuals who want God more than anything else and who know that only He can satisfy the deepest longings of their soul.
- You have to give your dreams of forever and your desire for love to the Lord COMPLETELY. Only then will you accept what he brings your way. Only then will you be able to look at a relationship that doesn't work out and cry not just because your heart is broken, but because your God cares enough to close a door that leads somewhere other His beautiful plan for you.
- God's glory has to be the ultimate purpose of ANY relationship.
- People in a God-glorifying relationship want God's will more than anything else. With that comes a selfless desire to do what is best for the other person. (I John 3:16)
- Patience is important not only in the waiting for the right time to begin a relationship, but also in allowing it to unfold at a healthy pace.
Anyways, this book is chock-full of testimonies and advice that line up with what the word of God has to say about love and relationships. And a slap-in-the-face is always a good thing.
"Entrust your dreams of love to His care."