My photo
Hi! We're Lance and Rebekah Gibson. We are newlyweds happily settled in the Lonestar state. We love lots of things including drive-in movies, game nights, anything involving the lake, and our Lord and Savior.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

"L is for the way you look at me."

Mmmm. This has been a gorgeous weekend in every way.
------------

It kicked off on Friday with a date night that was absolutely perfect. And I'm about to gush about it, so prepare yourself. :D
-------------

So after a long, rough day at school on Friday, I walked in to my house and was met by my mom holding the most gorgeous flowers ever. I stood there for a moment and just stared; she laughed and told me to look closer. I did and found a sweet note telling me that he couldn't wait to see me tonight. My mom then proceeded to tell me to be ready in some fancy clothes by 5:15 because Lance would be picking me up then.

5:15 came and there he was, looking all handsome and such. :) We hit the road and arrived at Mi Cocina in Forth Worth. I tried over and over to get him to tell me what the plans for the night were . . .but I got nothing. We had a great time laughing with each other and sharing fajitas. Then we were on the road again, this time heading towards downtown Dallas. I could NOT figure out where we going and he was a stinking vault. He wasn't giving anything away. So I settled in and just enjoyed the ride.

Well, before I knew it we rolled up in front of the Meyeson Symphony Center. Yep, he rendered me speechless again. I was so shocked and excited! I LOVE the DSO. LOVE IT.

This date had special meaning to me for a few reasons.
First, I absolutely LOVE the Meyerson, not to mention the actual symphony itself. It's so beautiful. Second: one year ago, before we were ever dating, he was at the Symphony alone and sent me a picture of the empty seat next to him and promised that I would be there with him approximately a year from that night. I forgot all about that.
He didn't. :)
Third, he's just an amazing guy and I love him. Sure, the night would've been great if it had been with a friend, but it was absolutely perfect because it was spent with him. He makes me happy, not because he plans ridiculously romantic dates, but because he is an incredible guy. I am dating someone wayyy out of my league, for sure! :)

So that was Friday.
-------------

Saturday was lazy, which was absolutely fine with us.  The weather was beautiful and I decided to my homework at the park while Lance worked at church on some music. We met up later and did absolutely nothing. Being bored is one of our favorite things to do haha.

Today was nice, with even more gorgeous weather, a morning spent in worship and fellowship, an afternoon movie/nap, and evening with friends. My heart is very happy. :)
-------------


 I didn't take a camera into the Meyesron unfortunately. But here are some pics from Friday! :)


The flowers . . .



Valentine's Day skirt! Haha. 

Hope you had a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment