My photo
Hi! We're Lance and Rebekah Gibson. We are newlyweds happily settled in the Lonestar state. We love lots of things including drive-in movies, game nights, anything involving the lake, and our Lord and Savior.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello There.

"Heart of mine, be still
You can play with fire,
But you'll get the bill."

Well, hello friends. That is, if there is actually anyone reading this. I'm not really doing this with the intention of providing a good read for someone, although I'm sure that there will be many situations recorded here that will provoke laughter. I'm doing this because sometimes I don't know what's going on inside of me until I see it on paper. Plus, I'm in love with the cute little blog templates they are putting out these days, so as soon as I figure out how to work this thing, I'll be decking this space out.

A few things about me.

- I love all kinds of music, but sad music is my favorite. I realize "sad" is not exactly a genre, but seriously, what other type of music can take you back to a person or a moment, or can so perfectly sum up all the hurt, bitterness, and regret you have inside? Yep, sad music is the best. And David Ramirez is the king, so check him out.

 - I absolutely LOVE kids. Something about their innocence and their ability to love so freely captivates me. I'm hoping to become an elementary teacher someday. While kids possess that capacity to love people, many of them out there don't experience the same unconditional love in return.  Not even from their parents. If I as teacher can display the incredible love that the Lord has for us to a kid who doesn't experience any kind of love at home, then I will be doing fine.  I can't explain fully how much this means to me.

 - I love ridiculous things. Things like cheesy eighties pop music, Star Wars, and old school Shakira songs. I can't explain it.

 - I have an incredible boyfriend. It's taken us a long time to get to where we are today, and I know without a doubt that we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for God's perfect timing. The fact that we are even together is so wrapped in His sovereignty that it takes my breath away. Anyways, a little bit about him: he's five years older than, putting him at the ripe old age of twenty-three. Some of you just choked a little bit, right? Well. like I said, it's a total God thing.  However, the fact that this is a total God-thing means that Satan LOVES to attack it. He likes to send all kinds of insecurities my way. I'll no doubt be talking about those here, trying to sort them out. ANWAYS, his name is Lance, and he is one of the most beautiful people I've ever met. His passion is the Lord, his taste in music is incredible, and he challenges me to be a better person in many ways. We're a lot different than most of the relationships out there.

 - Lastly, I am in love with my Savior. I know I've used the phrase "the Lord" more times in this one post than your Bible-thumping great grandma does all year. But my relationship with God is something that I treasure above anything else. He has taken me from the pit and restored me to being pure and beautiful in His eyes. I love Him. He loves me. He loves you, whether you believe it or not. I'll also be talking about Him quite a bit.

Now you know a little bit about me. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Hope you had a wonderful Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment